Build Your Own Taka Dai
Order a set of measured drawings to build your own taka dai. This design was created with the modern braider in mind.
- Sits on the floor to be used while sitting in a standard chair instead of kneeling
- Greater width between the lower rails reduces fatigue and back strain during long braiding sessions - no more leaning forward
or pulling in the elbows
- Held together with mortise and tenon joints - no screws to strip after repeated assembly & disassembly
- Easily taken apart for travel to classes and workshops - all pieces fit into the Pelican 1750® rolling travel case
(inside dimensions 50.62" x 13.50" x 5")
- Accommodates up to 22 koma to allow greater flexibility with double-layered braids
Seven 11x17" color pages of measured drawings and diagrams.